Info:


To read some of my material, feel free to browse through the small selection listed on the GENRE page. Just to make it confusing.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

MY COUSIN RAY -SCRIPT EDITOR

MY COUSIN RAY

My Cousin Ray Ford is a very good script editor.  

Give Ray a script and he can point out things that are too long, overstated , unnecessary , all of those things which are important. He's extremely critical but when you point out your script issues and he comments he can be very helpful.  Upon my death I will give all my scripts to Ray as a form of punishment from the after life.

I suggested he should write comedy but the reality is , he wasn't a comedy writer and the with the scripts he did write he borrowed too many ideas from his favourite shows. he did write some stuff .

However give him a script to edit and he's very good. 

When I wrote my GET SMART film script he asked could he write some scenes. He did and they are in the final copy. I'm sure I've given him a co writing credit.

His style was more Mel Brooks-Buck Henry which was a good thing because I went the Arne Sultan Leonard Stern, Allan Burns and Chris Hayward style.