Info:


To read some of my material, feel free to browse through the small selection listed on the GENRE page. Just to make it confusing.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

FARRELLY BROTHERS HYPOTHETICAL FILM

FARRELLY BROTHERS HYPOTHETICAL FILM

I'm a fan of the Farrelly Brothers.
Let's say that they know that I am a major fan and they contact me.

 "Mick we've got two films we'd like to do right now but we can only do one".
And I go "Yes".
Here's the deal we have Desperate Dave Does Delaware  and The Stick Up both Farrelly Brothers scripts ( of course) and want them both to be made right now, but we need you to put up the money 50 million dollars and you can be the director.

Interesting
Okay so I read the scripts and I go for Desperate Dave Does Delaware.
So I get the money and I'm set to make a Farrelly Brothers film. What a privilege.
Hang on , who's it a privilege for.
Well it's a privilege for them because I have put up the risk.
And it's a privilege for me because I get to direct and produce one of there scripts.

THE FARRELLY BRAND

The Farrelly Brand is this.

Wacky story
Lead character a bit aggressive
One Taboo subject - let's try Incest
6 gross out scenes
Good casting
Late 60's to early 70's soundtrack.
Happy Ending

That is there brand. They trust me with it.
They hear about my cast and they are excited . Good cast. Jim Carrey, Beyonce.


THE PREMIERE
I'm sitting between Peter and Bobby

Film Opens
Jim Carrey and Beyonce Knowles:                                                  They smile
Frank Sinatra singing HIGH HOPES 1957                                      They grimace.
The wacky story begins.                                                                   They smile
Jim Carrey is playing a vulnerable guy                                            More grimace                                  Three of the gross out scenes are replaced with verbal repartee.     They frown.
Incest becomes an unfaithful marriage.                                            They fold their arms.
Happy Ending                                                                                  Big deal


Bobby :  What the hell was that, a Woody Allen film.

Me:        I fixed some things up,

Peter      That's not our brand.

Me          I like it, the audience like it.

Bobby     That's not our brand.

Me          Hey, next time.

Peter .     There aint no next time arse hole.


                                          THE END

Wouldn't that be a great idea for a film



Woody Allen Films as a rule cost about $20 millon dollars and gross same at box office. They make the same again on dvd and rentals.  Farrelly Brothers cost over twice that amount but are hits earning four times the production cost.