Info:


To read some of my material, feel free to browse through the small selection listed on the GENRE page. Just to make it confusing.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

AUSTRALIA'S SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE (Film idea)

AUSTRALIA'S SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

When I went to see SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE it was after it won BEST FILM OSCAR. An entertaining film but I couldn't see any reason for the Oscar. In fact I thought our own Eddie McGuire would have been far more convincing as the host of the show than the actor used in the film.

I've written many scripts and my strongest theme is SCAM GONE WRONG. Most of the scams are spur of the moment or badly thought out.

So I'm watching MILLIONAIRE  HOTSEAT recently and I've thought of this many times but for the first time as a script.

One question wrong and the prize drops from $1,000,000 to $250,000.
And this came to mind.

We are introduced to a characters who is about to be a contestant on HOT SEAT
We get to know this guy and his situation.
He turns up for the big day at HOT SEAT.
He sits next to a guy and they get chatting.
Now they discuss their ambitions with the show and also they agree that it's greedy to have a guess when you have no idea , when a pass means you're keeping the $1,000,000 alive.
They also discuss their special subjects.

CUT TO THE CHASE
Our protagonist has worked his way to the $1,000,000 question.
Eddie asks the question and we know he has no idea.
We also know that this is other guys "Subject"
In what is the longest one minute imaginable our protagonist says "PASS".
"Eddie" is bewildered.
Our protagonist " If I get it wrong I get $1000 and he gets nothing.But I think this guy may get it right.
Next Other Guy gets it right. Wins the $1,000,000
But other guy could not care less about our protagonist. His mantra is now "Never give a sucker an even break".
And we are about two thirds of the way through the film.
What happens?
I don't know yet.