Info:


To read some of my material, feel free to browse through the small selection listed on the GENRE page. Just to make it confusing.

Monday, January 13, 2014

HOW TO MAKE A GOOD AUSSIE SITCOM


HOW TO MAKE A GOOD AUSSIE SITCOM

 I've written this article many times and then deleted the lot. What I've said is ok , I just haven't liked the way I've said it or gone about it.

To make a sitcom which works on commercial TV in Australia these things are needed.

1. A well developed protagonist. Like FRASIER - A star character.
2 A sitcom based in a situation with which Australians will identify.
3 Not a small group of  "CLOSED SHOP" writers but all the best comedy writers that this country has to offer, but in doing so, make very strong guidelines clear. ( No parody musical numbers for one at least not in the first season )
4  Big name guest stars. Now this is not necessary in the USA but it is necessary here. Our audiences want it.
5 Not a small group of "CLOSED SHOP" writers but all the best comedy writers that this country has to
offer. Did I say that, well that the main one.

I've written a pilot and outlines for a sitcom called DR SPORTZ. 
which is FRASIER  meets ARLISS  and LARRY SANDERS but for an Australian audience.

What does that mean?
Strong Egotistical male lead character.
Family situation
Work situation . ( In this case sport)
Sporting guest stars.

That's the shell of the idea.

And to think all my other articles on this were four times as long.