Info:


To read some of my material, feel free to browse through the small selection listed on the GENRE page. Just to make it confusing.

Monday, June 20, 2011

THE SHANAHAN & STEEL (SKETCH ) SHOW

THE SHANAHAN AND STEEL ( SKETCH) SHOW

A few years ago I went through that ridiculous and ultimately humiliating process of sending a script to ABC TV as a possible series.

The verdict was not NO.

I didn't send them a an outline or a sketch. I sent them the whole series. Six half hour episodes with seven sketches of varying length per episode.

I asked them why and one of the reasons was who's my demographic. I'm sure I had put this in submission. From 7 to 70 that's my demographic, there's but in reality it's adult comedy for kids. In the tradition of Monty Python, The Two Ronnies, Benny Hill and the Goodies sketch comedy is adult comedy for kids.

 I said to Mike, they have to take notice , there's 42 major fucking sketches and it's mainly off the wall stuff. There were no TV show send ups.

Anyway this is one the few times I got angry because sketch comedy is just about dead and especially in Australia because they have too many writers and too many performers. It's got no fucking pulse that's for sure.